Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF)
First Stage (cup system)
Second Stage (league system)
- On a home-and-away basis involving ten groups of 3 teams and two groups of 2 teams. The 12 group winners advance to the second stage.
Third Stage (league system)
- There are three groups of four teams each. The 3 group winners and the 3 runners-up will qualify for the third stage.
- The 6 qualified teams form one final group, playing a round robin on a home-and-away basis. The 3 top teams of that final group qualify for the final competition of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (tm).
- The fourth-placed team will contest play-off matches against the winner of the Asia play-off.
- The winner will qualify for the final competition of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany (tm).
Back to 2006 FIFA World Cup (tm) Menu
Copyright © 1997-2004 Christakis Ioannou. All