The second FIFA Club World Championship took place in Japan from 11-18 December 2005 with the six continental champions participating in a knockout tournament. The four newcomers played-off for the right to face the seeded European and South American sides in the semi-finals.
The final was held at the International Stadium, Yokohama, on 18 December 2005.
- Liverpool (England) - UEFA Champions League 2004-05 winners
- Sao Paulo FC (Brazil) - CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores 2005 winners
- Al Ahly (Egypt) - CAF Champions League 2005 winners
- Al Ittihad (Saudi Arabia) - AFC Champions League 2005 winners
- Deportivo Saprissa (Costa Rica) - CONCACAF Champions Cup 2005 winners
- Sydney FC (Australia) - OFC Club Championship 2005 winners
The four participants from the CAF, AFC, CONCACAF and OFC Associations played-off for a place in the semi-finals, where they met the participants from the UEFA and CONMEBOL Associations.
In these pages you can find the results and tables information of this competition.