The third FIFA Club World Championship took place in Japan from 10-17 December 2006 with the six continental champions participating in a knockout tournament. The four newcomers played-off for the right to face the seeded European and South American sides in the semi-finals.
The final was held at the International Stadium, Yokohama, on 17 December 2006.
- FC Barcelona (Spain) - UEFA Champions League 2006-07 winners
- Sport Club Internacional (Brazil) - CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores 2006 winners
- Al Ahly Sporting Club (Egypt) - CAF Champions League 2006 winners
- Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors FC (Korea Republic) - AFC Champions League 2006 winners
- Club America (Mexico) - CONCACAF Champions Cup 2006 winners
- Auckland City FC (New Zealand) - OFC Club Championship 2006 winners
The four participants from the CAF, AFC, CONCACAF and OFC Associations played-off for a place in the semi-finals, where they met the participants from the UEFA and CONMEBOL Associations.
In these pages you can find the results and tables information of this competition.